This is an invitation to attend the Investor Day presentation – either in London on Mar 31 at 4pm or Sunderland on Mar 29 at 9.30am.
I’ve mailed you because, perhaps, you can add sector expertise, finance or acumen…
It’s a chance for you to help a digital start-up and network with other advisers/investors.
Full details and registration for Sunderland by clicking here.
Full details and registration for London by clicking here.
Or, RSVP to me and Caroline Theobald.
Lots of people talk about incubator programmes. Few start them with such success as The Difference Engine, which ran its first bootcamp last year – with 5 of the 9 teams raising £500-1m overall. One startup, Screenreach, picked up investment and non-exec help from a founder of Sage Software – plus this week it won Best Mobile App at the Texas geek fest SouthBySouthWest.
The Difference Engine 2 is about to finish its 13 week incubation programme.
Why attend the Investor Day?
You will hear 5min pitches from 9 start-ups. They went thru a rigorous selection process to get onto the course and have spent 13 weeks intensely distilling their ideas. You will get a chance to input to the concepts, join the team and invest. And, you will meet a host of fellow dragons.
What will you see?
- online market for local food producers (www.loveyourlarder.com)
- app for 360 views of hotels, stadia and tourist destinations (360 Revelations)
- social media index/library (http://www.pinevio.com/)
- online employee reference library (EvalYou)
- a tool to create and manage complex web pages (Impress Pages CMS)
- content-heavy file sharing (Wedding Tales)
- hospitality marketing platform (Party Shouts)
- analysis and visualisation tool (Construqtive)
- interactive digital publishing platform for kids (Fuboo)
North-East Investor Day
Thompson Suite, NE-BIC, Sunderland SR5 2TA
London Investor Day
Brewin Dolphin Ltd, 12 Smithfield Street, London EC1